What is DhanSutra?
In old Indian Language Sanskrit, Dhan means Money,wealth. Sutra means principles [Think..KamaSutra]. DhanSutra means principles of Money and Wealth. In Practical terms, the purpose of this website is to provide various tools to regular folks so that they do analysis of their investments and finances.
As you probably know, regular individual investor competes with high flying wall streeters on daily basis. Wall Street guys armed with Super Computers, High IQ math geeks and in some cases insider information have definite edge over the regular joes.
But knowing the constraints and being disciplined, regular investor does stand a chance to make
some money. Coming from Computer Science, Risk Management back grounds I want to help community a
bit, by providing various tools to evaluate Risk of Portfolios, Stocks and educate you on specific investment concepts.
Hope you like it :).
What can you do on this site ?
- Measure portfolio diversification against foctors like Scale, Sectors, Growth, International revenues
- Measure portfolio performance in comparison with indices
- Analyze Stocks and compare with best in class stocks
- Gauge the sentiment/mood about a stock from recent news, analysts comments and blogs
- Predict stock prices based on various factors..* This is a guess.. No one can predict stock prices 100%
- Test your knowledge and understanding of the stock that you are investing in
- Learn various Investing concepts in non-financial geek speak